Thread: Question about Divx

Question about Divx

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I can increase the quality of divx on my comp. Whenever I play divx theres what seems like a grid of large blocks(10-15) that make up the video. They also seem to bleed into each other making it very ugly looking. im using the playa 2.0 alpha. I have the quality bar all the way up. Its the same in both windowed and full screen modes. Id appreciate any help.

Resolution : 1024x768
    Video : GeForce 2 mx/400
    monitor : NEC Multisync 4FGe
    Sound : SiS 7012 Audio Driver
    CPU : AMD Athlon XP 1700+

edit: sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum.
    Last edited by rob47; 05-08-2002 at 05:22 AM.

Sounds to me it really isnt your divx settings that couse the blockiness but the Divx films themselves.

Divx is compressed format. The more you compress the more you lose from the original quality. There simply isnt a way to decode say DVD movie to the size of ~700mb and keep all the quality.

If you downloaded this divx movie from the net, I suggest you look for 2 cd versions next time - and suprise suprise the blocks are gone (well, almost)

Good way to see if the problems are in your movies and not in players/hardware is to see if the blocks appear mostly in high action scenes or scenes with fire or black darkness. If you get problems with "slow" scenes also there might be something wrong with your codecs or player.

Andy