Thread: Radeon 7000 OR GeForce2 GTS V????

Radeon 7000 OR GeForce2 GTS V????

Which of the above video cards would you all reccomend? They are both about the same price (under 50bucks) I currently have an all in wonder 128pro that I want to get rid of. I play a few games but nothing major. I am willing to spend up to $75, any suggestions on ANY video cards would be appreciated.

Thanks, RT

I would recomend the Geforce II GTS, I have one of those and I always run my games at 1024x768 atleast with 32 bit color, not to mention it is compatable with just about every game, except glide ofcourse.

If I'm not mistaken the Radeon 7000 is a renamed Radeon VE. If this is the case, get the GTS-V. Performance wise the Radeon VE is not that much better than an old TNT2u.

Originally posted by Brian48
    If I'm not mistaken the Radeon 7000 is a renamed Radeon VE. If this is the case, get the GTS-V. Performance wise the Radeon VE is not that much better than an old TNT2u.
    Not true at all. Yes, the 7000 is a renamed VE. However that only applies to the actual VE cards. There is a separate 7000 GPU that is more game worthy than the VE ever was. The Radeon 7000 is a better performer than the original nvidia MX version of the geforce. I know, I replaced an MX with the 7000. Games look and play better with the 7000 than with the MX.

as for what I'd get, it would be the 7000 with 64megs DDR.
    Tiger, tiger, burning bright,
    In the forest of the night,
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

I really can't say which to get because I only have the gf2 gts-v. But what I can say is that it is a very nice card for the money. With an xp1800 retail, 256mb ddr pc2100, shuttle ak31a 266/a mobo, it scored 3017 in 3DMark2001se.

The cards have roughly the same performance. One thing to consider is the picture quality. The 7000 has far better picture quality than Geforce2. And that might be something you want to look into since you have been using 128pro, which also has great picture. And Ati has really clear video output. If that is something you appreciate.
    Both are fine cards performance wise (for the money) and basically it all comes down to which you prefer, apples or oranges...

Andy