Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oc'ing a Radeon8500 64mb

Ultimate Member

Oc'ing a Radeon8500 64mb

Will it do me any good to OC this card since I'm running it on a P3-733?

The videocard is seriously bottlenecked by the CPU. I wouldn't bothering o/cing it, try o/cing CPU instead.

Ultimate Member
    ND- That's what I thought. My P-3 550e(Cumine) @133FSB won't OC any higher than 733 w/o stability problems. But still, it looks like I won't have to upgrade my vid card when I decide to upgrade CPU/mobo/ram. Thanks for the tip......dawgtuff.

Banned

Re: Oc'ing a Radeon8500 64mb

Originally posted by dawgtuff
    Will it do me any good to OC this card since I'm running it on a P3-733?
    DUDE BUY A NEW PC!!!! You'll freek!

I will recommend tweaking the memory timminings and cpu fsb as high as you can and still be stable.
    Then if you want to tweak the vid card a little.
    Use the Rage3twk for this. The other tweakers are too harsh and cause bsod problems.
    The Rage3dtweaker is really soft and can go up a little at a time from default.
    When you reach a point that the OS will not load and run (as near) perfectly as it can.
    Then back off a few degrees and set it there.

When do you plan to upgrade the system components? You need a XP processor at or higher than the XP1800+, DDR memory and memory management that is best as can be purchased.
    Last edited by BobyJo; 05-08-2002 at 08:21 AM.

Ultimate Member
    BobyJo- Thanks for the reply. I can't push the FSB any higher than 133. My SDRAM will go higher, but since my P3 is locked and my Soyo is an older mobo...well...my only option is to upgrade. Your suggestion of a XP/DDR/Mobo of top quality is the way i'm going to go.

Since I bought the R8500, I can wait for the upgrade prices to drop some more. Thanks for the help........dawgtuff

Banned

Get and XP you will be so happy !!~

AMD just fly;s..... Use a Radeon8500 with it and you'll fall in love with this great card even more...

IMO::I know XP is the latest out.
    I have tried it, and I believe W2k is a much more better OS.
    It has been out of production long enough that drivers are mature for it and available for any hardware out there.
    It is faster, more stable, and easier to get up and running, for me at least.

I had a pIII800 for a while with a geforce2 GTS, and it ran everything smooth and still did playing any GAME, by they way this is a bad time to buy a computer...!!! (PS don't get an AMD) I would wait for a new P5 when they come out..

Benssax:::It appears that you are not up on the tech knowledge that would be required to purchase a computer anyway.
    Why even make a statement "Don't buy AMD"?
    What brings this on?
    Do you own an AMD system to know what you are talking about? Evidently not, I can't emagine anyone making a statement like like this.
    IMO:: Looks as if this is a form of pure ignorance.

BobyJo : please avoid personal attacks.
    One's knowledge can be discussed using more suitable language.

ND::I am so sorry that you take offense at the way I write to people at times. I NEVER use any vulgar or profanity of any kind. I see people here that do, and you never say a word about this. I would think that cursing and vulgar or profanity words would be something you should be concerned with more than an asinine remark about someone making a statement "never buy AMD". This is a very unknowledgeable remark. So this is the way I feel about it. If you would feel more confortable with me not posting anything on YOUR forum, this can be done. Thanks BJ.

Ultimate Member
    Let's see....how am I going to say this.....Ok, here goes. Benssax's comments were a bit "off the wall", and BobyJo, you were right in correcting him, a little "heavy handedly" though. You seem to be a very intelligent and no "BS" type of person. You're input on this site is appreciated and we'd hate to loose you.

ND's job as a moderator isn't easy and there's times when he may miss a vulgar post. If I catch one, I'll tell the person immediatly that it is not allowed at all. Moderating this site is really a job for all of us if we want to keep it a top notch computer info/tech site.

Peace.......dawgtuff.

DawgStuff::You are correct.
    I have read when you have corrected a lot of persons with using a "bad" choice of words.
    I am a christian and do not believe in any of the choice 4 letter words used by a lot of people.
    I didn't mean to be "harsh" as you state.
    I did take offence at his choice of wording and so did all other AMD users.
    I guess I was the only one that posted any response to his wording. Agreed his post did not warrant any response at all. People that post this sort of things, usually being ignored will go away.
    It just hit me the wrong way, so I stated the way I felt.
    If I have offended ND, or the other moderators, it surely was not done with and intent on my part.
    Thanks BJ.

Ultimate Member
    Hahahaha....hahaha....I'm sorry I can't stop laughing! I've been called a lot of things, but never "DawgStuff"! I hope it was a typo, but if not, it's still funny......I think!