Thread: Proper system temperature...

Proper system temperature...

I have a question. At this point in time, I can close off the heating duct to my room and have my computer keep my room roasty-toasty. MBProbe says my CPU is 109 and my case is between 106 and 107. Is this healthy? Or should my system be more like 87 or so?

Oh, and I have an Intel Celeron 433 and a 3dfx Voodoo3. Those are my two big heat-makers. That and my hard drive.

Ultimate Member
    I try to keep my system no hotter than 90 - 95 degrees.

If I were you, I'd slap an extra outtake fan on the back or top of that system, to get some more circulation around those critical components...

A higher internal temperature can end up hindering your components, if anything, in the long term. Its best to keep things nice and cool.

- Brandon

[This message has been edited by brandon184 (edited 01-02-2001).]

Ultimate Member
    with the proper cooling added you should be able to keep the case temps to with in a few deg of abient room temp
    mine runs around 2 to 5/f higher than abient room
    thats the target to shoot for

my athlon 600 runs at 99.5 w/ a system temp of 85. but thats normal for my room since the sun hits it almost all day long. I would add another fan, and replace the heatsink to something a little more powerfull (larger) if all your using is oem stuff.

Ollie