Thread: cordless USB mouse moves erratically

cordless USB mouse moves erratically

My system has a cordless logitech mouse connected to the USB port (directly into the back of computer) and on the 2nd USB port I have a hub with a scanner and two printers connected (a third printer is connected via parallel port-so can't move any of the printers).

Now to the problem: when I try to move the mouse, the cursor often times has to 'catch up' (sort of like losing frames I suppose) and sometimes will not move at all. It just occured to me to try changing the priority (win2k) but I can't determine a program associated with the mouse. my 'quick' fix is to use the connected serial mouse (both hooked up b/c of long running mouse problems).

does anyone know of a fix?
    thanks
    Paul

Hello turbodog

Sorry if this sounds stupid but have you made sure your cordless mouse is close enough the "base" or what ever you call it.
    Or that the infra red sensors are clean etc.

I used to have no name brand cordless mouse which acted quite like you described when it had trouble connecting the "base".
    Moving the mouse closer the sensor fixed it. It ate batteries too fast so I got rid of it thought.

Andy

I have heard in another post that direct sunlight will make cordless mice, and some clear or translucent mice behave badly. If it is in direct sunlight, I suggest you move it into the shade.
    Things that make you go HMMMMMM...