Thread: 'Drive Image' in Dos and mouse usage?

'Drive Image' in Dos and mouse usage?

I have recently purchased Powerquest 'Drive Image 5'. Have managed to produce a drive copy file of my C: drive onto my second D drive as a backup, everything great except that when I open Drive Image in DOS, as you have to do to restore an image; I have no mouse control!

I have XP OS so have to use a 98 OS Startup Disk to boot to DOS (if you create Startup disk in XP it is Caldera DOS only and not recommended) and then start Drive Image with its rescue disk.

Yes you can get around using Alt. [letter], but is there a way of getting a DOS mouse driver on say the Startup disk that would work? Mouse connected via P/S 2.

Any suggestions

David Forget using Windows Startup Disk. The first disk of the Drive Image Rescue Disks has Caldera DOS 7. It uses Caldera DOS to run its program, which is on Disk 2.

Anyway, go to the mouse manufacter's web site and download DOS drivers. Copy and paste the drivers to Rescue Disk 1. I have a Logitech optical trackball. I did this to get it to work under DOS. I could still use a standard mouse if necessary.

David, check DI5 directory and the Resue disk1 for 'mouse.com ', 'mouse.ini'. My Rescue Disk 1 has the Dos mouse drivers on it. It will not be on the 98 bootdisk.

My DI Rescue Disk 1 has mouse.com and mouse.ini. But for some reason it needed the mouse drivers from Logitech.

Thanks Gents. The reason I was trying to avoid Caldera DOS is that the manual says it does not recognise partitions, and thus it recommends using a 98 Bootup disk.

Shall try the mouse fixes!

Thanks again

Cancel my last comment. Have downloaded DI 5.01 update from Powerquest web site, and surprise surpise the Caldera DOS disk (Disk 1) created in XP OS has mouse supported.

Sorted and happy man!!