Thread: Partition Table Error #108

Threaded View

Partition Table Error #108

I've tried to run System Recovery on an old Sony Slimtop that will not boot into Windows, but it says: "Harddrive not found. Must delete non-dos partition to continue..."! But when I boot into A: PM7 recovery floppy, it says: "partition table error #108 found". Of course, if I try do do anything at all, it gives me ERROR #4 bad argument/parameter. HELP!! I'm at a loss! What do I do now!?? P.S.:Per PowerQuest:"...Cause(s) of the problem
    Many operating systems won't have a problem with this error and will work with the drive normally. For PartitionMagic / ServerMagic / VolumeManager, however, this error can pose a problem, so the error is flagged. There are several possible causes of this error. The first is a translation error. This is caused when the translation under which a partition was created has changed, and the new translation doesn't match the old. The second is if a drive overlay isn't loading properly before the PowerQuest program is executed. This will be the case most often when you are booting directly to a floppy. You will need to allow the overlay to load before the floppy does. The third is a legitimate change in the head or sector value at the end of a partition..." I don't even know what the heck that means.
    Last edited by x51out; 04-21-2002 at 08:50 PM.