Thread: Iomega burner causes 2k lag and problems

Iomega burner causes 2k lag and problems

Hey

Ok heres the problem, my Iomega 8x burner worked no problem up until recently...No problems once so ever. But recently it has given me some very weird and unfindable problems.

1) It has "uninstalled" itself 2 or 3 times, cant find a single reason or explanation why....Just diasppears completely in windows.

2) Starts buffing and running a cd or attempting to, even if nothing is in there...Which freezes my system completely.

I have it set on Secondary IDE channel as master, reguar cd rom as slave (Had on primary but caused some problem.) I am using the drivers right off the disk that came with the burner and Win2k.

I have already tried updating via 4-in-1 drivers and a few other things, to no avail. The only thing i cant remember how to do in re-install is enable UDMA, which may be my probe

I knwo its confusing, but see what you can come up with.

-Lord Sech

Have you ran a virus scan? If not then go to www.antivirus.com Got to the Free tools section and run Housecalls online scan.

The only thing i cant remember how to do in re-install is enable UDMA, which may be my probe
    If the CDRW drive is connected to the primary onboard controller, not secondary controllers such as RAID controllers, you can enable DMA mode by going to Device Manager\IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS and double clicking on the appropriate channel...

Virus scan is the first thing i tired....Didnt come u p with a thing, ran it several times inhe course of a week. I am able to burn cd's at 8x no prblem (i did so last night)

The only real problem i guess is the cd-rw trying to AUTO-RUN while in a game such as DAoC, and causing my comp to freeze. Any suggestons are welcome.

-Lord Sech