CPU Problem Very ackward

Hi.. I have theese 2 setups:
    Old
    abit kg7-raid
    XP1700+
    New
    Abit KR7A-Raid
    XP2000+

I bought my last system and upgraded. I installed the old system in another case...

It boots ok...

But it will not run any installs nor anything... Exception faults in windows Me installation. Errors and lock ups in windows 2000 and XP.

Mem is not the problem!!! I changed the mem and the problem persists... Bios update... I used all available... Problem Persists

But check this out.

I changed the 2000+ to the kg7 from the kr7a. Voila... it works...
    Processor is damaged... Not so fast.. I installed it in the kr7a and perfect!!!! absolutely perfect...

I installed the OS in the kg7 with the 2000+ perfect.. everything boots and all...

Now... I exchanged processors again and boom... The KG7 will not boot correctly nor run any programs... not even windows XP safe mode..

What is going on here???
    The Highlander
    Athlon XP 2000+ @1900MHz@1.9V
    WaterCooled with MCW462
    Abit KG7-Raid
    Raid 4x 75GXP 15gb IBM Deskstar
    256 OCZ PC2400 Cas2
    Geforce 2 GTS
    167CPU Marks
    5211 MIPS

Are you dead certain it's not the RAM at fault? You tried two different sticks of RAM, but were they from different manufacturers? I worked with an ASUS A7V133 that exhibited the exact same behavior you're describing. Problem was not bad RAM, but the fact that the MB just didn't like the brand I was using. It wasn't OEM either, it was Micron. It wasn't a bad board, had that replaced and got the exact same result on the new board. The only thing that fixed it was installing no-name OEM RAM. Powersupply in the new case could also be a problem, but you said you tried the other CPU and it worked flawlessly. It could be a combo of that CPU, the RAM, and the MB. Try to find some RAM of a different manufacturer and see what happens.
    yo trick, why you so **** doofus?

Remember that that same system was working before flawlesly.

I changed the RAM with another stick that it also worked before.. and yes it is the same brand... But when I used the other CPU it worked... I will try again changing the ram to see if it works
    The Highlander
    WaterCooled with MCW462
    Abit KG7-Raid
    256 OCZ PC2400 Cas2
    Geforce 2 GTS
    167CPU Marks
    5211 MIPS

What carryover parts are you using, or did you basically get the entire new setup CD-ROM and all? The reason I ask about the CD-ROM is because of another problem I had in the past. I had an older CD-ROM I used in a "Spare Parts" system. The PC was completely made up of spare parts and the CD-ROM was pretty old. I've had newer ones exhibit the same symptoms. Of course, the biggest stumper her is the fact that you've swapped CPUs and the other shows no similar symptoms. You can try swapping CD-ROM drives and see what happens. Troubleshooting is an extreme Pain in the ace, but exhaust every avenue.

Try changing harddrives from one box to another. I've had problems before when one mobo doesn't work with one hd but will with another. G'luck
    MaxC

I changed CD-Rom Problem still persists!!!
    The Highlander
    WaterCooled with MCW462
    Abit KG7-Raid
    256 OCZ PC2400 Cas2
    Geforce 2 GTS
    167CPU Marks
    5211 MIPS

Have you tried removing every card except the video card? Maybe something got shocked in the transplant.

Yes I did that already
    The Highlander
    WaterCooled with MCW462
    Abit KG7-Raid
    256 OCZ PC2400 Cas2
    Geforce 2 GTS
    167CPU Marks
    5211 MIPS

It's times like these that make you wanna pick up your PC, give it a big hug and drop it into the Abyss.

Gone
    I would be looking more at it being cpu specific than anything with the hardware combo.The only thing he initally changed was the cpu itself.Notheing else.That means it is in the combo of mobo and cpu.Have you asked mobo manufacturer if there are any specific probs. with this chip and mobo combination?

Here is another thought along the same lines.How about cpu vcore.Is it dif between these two amd's?I dont know anything about XP's so that is why I ask.If the vcore is dif on these chips it maybe possible that the mobo auto selecting voltage wrong.

One thing is for sure.You have only one variable in this and that is the cpu.Commen logic tells you it is in that and not ram/video or anything else at all.So being as it is it must be the cpu or mobo dislikeing one or the other or something with these two.

Good luck.I just spent 8hours restoreing a freinds pc that wacked out both IDE controllers.That is a whole nother story but you wanna talk about weird.HDD will not run as master unless shareing with a cdrom(slave).We all know this slows the drive though!HDD not recognized if on its own channel and set to master.But set HDD to slave and it will work on its own.AHHHHH!That took forever to figure it out and why it is that way god only knows.System restored and tweaked.Got there at 3pm got home at 11pm.I'm just glad I'm done with it.Told him to get a controller card and elliminate the whole problem.Sometimes it would be easier to be just plain dumb at this stuff and not be the one figureing out all your friends pc probs.Oh well!

both XP are the "same" its like a p4 2.0A with a 2.2A. The only diff is the multiplier...

The thing of it is... No matter what VCore I select its still the same thing...

That combo... XP1700+ and KG7-Raid was my original setup... It worked previously perfect... Flawless...

It overclocked to 1666MHz from 1466MHz.

The thing is that I used the 1700+ on my KR7A and no problems with the chip... ran some stability testing to see... and flawless...

Its weird!!!!!!!!
    The Highlander
    WaterCooled with MCW462
    Abit KG7-Raid
    256 OCZ PC2400 Cas2
    Geforce 2 GTS
    167CPU Marks
    5211 MIPS

Gone
    Yeah it is weird.You got me on that one.Good luck.I hope you figure it out.Notheing like a strange pc problem.

Originally posted by $1500-P4 gamer

Good luck.I just spent 8hours restoreing a freinds pc that wacked out both IDE controllers.That is a whole nother story but you wanna talk about weird.HDD will not run as master unless shareing with a cdrom(slave).We all know this slows the drive though!HDD not recognized if on its own channel and set to master.But set HDD to slave and it will work on its own.AHHHHH!That took forever to figure it out and why it is that way god only knows.System restored and tweaked.Got there at 3pm got home at 11pm.I'm just glad I'm done with it.Told him to get a controller card and elliminate the whole problem.Sometimes it would be easier to be just plain dumb at this stuff and not be the one figureing out all your friends pc probs.Oh well!
    Were you using Western Digital hard drives?

Gone
    One was a 20gig WD that I took down as to back up his stuff through dos but it configures properly on my machines.His main HDD is a Seagate 6gig (it a pentiumMMX 233 sys)but all were affected by this even when my WD wasnt connected.Is there something I should now about the WD?
    Personally I only use it for back-up as my main drive is a Maxtor 40gig ata133.Fill me in I'm interested!

Depending upon the firmware difference in your raid array from one mobo to the next, your drives may not be compatable with the bios upgrade of the new motherboard. I noticed this when updating my Abit's CMOS recently.