Thread: no power, no post

Hybrid View

no power, no post

my pc will not post. The fan on the power supply spins, the panel light is on, the cd, cdrw get power, nothing else. No beep after post, no cpu fan spinning, no monitor, mouse or keyboard power.

Power supply vs. motherboard vs. front panel? Is there a way to test the power supply with a meter? I noticed a similar post with a recommendation of a power supply tester at CompUSA. Can I save myself the trip down there?

BK

The first thing to check is the cpu fan and cpu. Some mobo's will not power up until the cpu fan is spinning. Its also possible the cpu is fried. You'll need to check them both in another system.

Last edited by rextex; 03-16-2002 at 12:16 AM.

No beep after POST
    I surmize that you do get a beep or series of beeps as the systyem first boots? If you do get beep(s) then the sequence, cadence and length are a coded message. You will need to go to the web page of your mobo maker and look up your boards particular BIOS beep code errors.

No beep, or series of beeps. I don't think it even gets to post. Just powers some ide drives and the power supply fan spins.