Thread: Admin log-on problem.

Admin log-on problem.

I have a Emax pc with a Duron 1.3 cpu. It has Win XP pro. Recently, about 3 months now. When I boot-up my pc I get a log-on screen that ask for my password. I've never established or set a password to confirm using my own pc. All of a sudden the screen says my password has expired and I need to change it into a new one. Having never made a password for this system, it ask me to imput the old password and a new one. Until then, I can't get in. Is there a way to bypass this screen? I pressed the "Esc" key and it just stalled and did nothing until I pressed "enter". Than it asked the same question of me entering the old and new passwords. I want to remove this. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Can you get into windows on your machine?

Getting into Windows...........

I've tried getting into windows. However, the problem is that the pc just idles. It waits for me to enter a old password and create a new one. However, I don't ever remember doing before this since I"ve had this pc. I'm going to erase the HD and start from scratch. I'm hoping this won't happen again. Thanks for the reply cdroman. Laterz.

you have a blank password if you never set one in.

So ofcoarse the old password will be blank (meaning nothing shoudl be in there)

then just go on ahead and leave the new password and confirm new password blank as well and you should be able to log in.

Now if it tells you that you can't use that password again, just create any password.

Then when you are logged in right click on my computer, select manage, go to "Local Users and Groups", expand it and select "Users".

From there right click on your account and select properties, and check "password never expires".

then hit apply, and then Ok.

Again right click on it and select "Set Password" and it will nag at you about setting the password, and leave the field blank for the new password.

And that's it, you won't be asked to change your password after an x amount of days, and your system will log you in automatically.

Thanks I'll try that...........

gjimene2 I have to tell you. I don't have a "blank password". There is something on there. I just don't know what it is or was. Because whatever it was. It stopped doing it. So I went into the settings you suggested and made my own password. I made it so it never expires unlike the other one. Whatever that was. Muchas gracias.

if can access your drive in dos mode ,,,, try to delete or rename your sam file under winnt/system32,/config .