Thread: Alice and Windows XP pro

Alice and Windows XP pro

Hi folks:

I'm trying to play Alice with Windows XP pro OS. The game shows the splash screen but when it must to start the screen turns black. The sound is still there but I can see no thing. I don't know if it is a graphic card problem, drivers or Open GL fail.

My system:

Pentium II 400 Mhz
    Elsa Winner II 32 MB (Savage 4 chipset)
    288 MB Ram
    Windows XP Pro

Help please.

A common problem with WinXP Pro. Because of and only for game i have to made a dual boot between WinXP and WinME. One thing u can try is to see the Direct X API configuration windows @ c:\windows\system 32\dxdia.exe(or similar) or from c:\program files\direct x\the shortcut. in the window go to last option and see override value. place the refresh rate of ur moniter according to the resolution u r going to play. i mean i have placed 60Hz for 800by600.

Had the same problem with MOHAA in xp pro.

Turned out (for me at least) I guess the Xp default drivers dont support open gl even if the card does. All i had to do was install the cards new (or origional drivers from cd)

Try updating you drivers.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Its gotta be the drivers and that savage chipset. IF I were you I would seriously consider upgrading that video card to a geforce or a raedon card. Doing that would probably fix your problem and save you many headaches in the future.